Some states require that businesses cash out all gift cards under a certain amount upon request. While there’s no direct way to do so, here is a workaround to accomplish this.
- In the POS, add any item to the transaction for the amount of the cash out.
- Click the Redeem Gift Card button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Scan or enter the gift card number and click Lookup Card. The balance on the card will display. The transaction balance will display in the Amount To Use window. Edit if necessary. Click OK.
- The gift card redemption will display as a line item in transaction.
- Now delete the first item you added. You will now have a negative balance for the amount of the gift card.
- Click Tender and use whatever refund method you desire.