If a member wants to apply a Gift Card as a credit towards their membership dues, it is not obvious how to refund a gift card. However, it can be done.
- In the POS, add an item to reflect the gift card "return" for the amount of the gift card.
- Click the Redeem Gift Card button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Scan or enter the gift card number and click Lookup Card. The balance on the card will display. The transaction balance will display in the Amount To Use window. Edit if necessary. Click OK.
- The gift card redemption will display as a line item in transaction.
- Now delete the first item you added. You will now have a negative balance for the amount of the gift card.
- Click Tender and select Invoice Account.
- The member now has a credit on their account to pay future monthly recurring dues on your bill date.