Since events in the Calendar cannot span across midnight, to create a lock-in event you need to create the offering as a multi-session event, with one session going to midnight and the other starting after midnight. In this example, the first session will be from 10pm to 12am on Friday, while the second session will be for 12am to 8am on Saturday.
- From the main calendar window click the Manage Schedule button.
- Under the Schedules tab, click the Add button and then Add Offering from the drop down menu.
- Name the new offering. In our example we call it Lock-In.
- Now we need to add our rules. For more information on using rules to create multi-session schedules check out the article below.
- Click Add Rule and select Days of the Week. Select Friday only and click OK.
- Click Add Time and select a start time of 10:00 PM, lasting two hours. Click OK.
- Click Add Session and enter 1 for Offset Days, which tells the system to make the next session the next day. Then select a start time of 12:00 AM, lasting 8 hours. Click OK.
- Click Close.
Creating a multi-session offering