For some offerings you may want to offer a lower rate for members that you would a non-member or guest. You can use pricing rules to offer different prices for different participant types in the same offering. In this example we will create different prices for a member and a guest participant.
- On the main calendar window click Manage Schedule.
- Click on the Schedules tab.
- Click on the offering you would like to create price rules for and click the Edit button. This will bring up the Edit Offering window.
- First we need to tell the offering what types of participants are allowed to book this event. In the Edit Offering window click the Booking tab. Under Selectable Participant Types on Bookings click the Add button.
- Select the additional participant type you wish to add (ours is called Guest). Click OK.
- While still in the Edit Offering window click the Pricing tab and check Offering has a price attached to open the pricing options display.
- Select the booking product you wish to use.
- Under Pricing Rules click the Add button. Give the rule a name and click OK to bring up the Pricing Rule window.
- Click the Pricing For This Rule tab and select Specific pricing applies to each participant type.
- Select the participant type you wish to change the price for and click the Edit Specific Pricing button. Enter the price as normal. Repeat if required for the other participant type.
- Click OK to finish.
Assigning pricing to an offering