When creating offerings like a summer camp or class you will want to be able to create multiple sessions for the offering. Customers will only be able to sign up for in the first session; once they are enrolled they will be enrolled in all sessions for that offering. There are two ways to create sessions: using rules and creating fixed events.
First you need to create the offering itself.
- On the main calendar window click Manage Schedule.
- Click on the Schedules tab.
- Click the Add button and select Add Offering. Give the offering a title and click OK.
Method #1- Using rules to create sessions
It is best to use rules to create a session if the sessions are on regular repeating days. For example, for a week-long class you would create a Monday day and time and then four sessions, making the Monday class the only day available to book.
- With the offering selected, define the day and time for the offering using the Add Rule and Add Time button. This is Session #1.
- To add a session as a rule, select the time rule and click the Add Session button to create Session #2 at the same time for the next day. To change when Session #2 takes place, click the Edit Session button and change the offset days and time. Repeat as necessary until you’ve add all required sessions.
Method #2- Using fixed events to create sessions
For irregular events you would want to create a fixed event and then add sessions from that. For example, for a clinic that you offer 3 times a year that has two sessions you would add a fixed event for the first day of the clinic, and then add one session after that.
- With the offering selected, right click on the day you wish to add the offering, select Add Fixed Event and select the starting time and duration. Click OK. This is Session #1.
- To add a session, right click on Session #1 and select Add Single Additional Session to create Session #2 at the same time for the next day. To change when Session #2 takes place, drag and drop Session #2 to the right time and day. When on the correct day you can also right click on Session #2 and select Edit Fixed Event to change the starting time and duration. Repeat as necessary until you’ve added all required sessions.