To show you how to create a summer camp offering let’s do an example walkthrough. In this example we want to offer a four-day summer camp available on July 18-21, August 8-11, or August 22-25. Each camp takes place from 8:30am-3:30pm and costs $275. This camp can accommodate up to 30 participants and requires two instructors.
Let’s get started! The first thing to do is to create the offering itself.
1. On the main calendar window click Manage Schedule.
2. Click on the Schedules tab.
3. Click the Add button and select Add Offering. Give the offering a title (we called ours Summer Camp) and click OK.
Now let’s add the event to the three weeks the camp is available to book.
4. With the offering selected, right click the mouse on July 18 and select Add Fixed Event. Select a starting time of 8:30am and a duration of 7 hours and then click OK. This will add the first session of this week’s camp to the calendar.
5. Right click on the session and select Add Single Additional Session. This will create the second day of the camp on the calendar on July 19. Repeat this two more times to add the camp for July 20 and July 21.
NOTE: You will now see that each day's camp name has a # next to it, noting session #1, #2, #3, #4.
6. To add the next camp, right click the mouse on the August 8 and select Add Fixed Event and repeat steps 4 and 5 above.
7. To add the final camp, right click the mouse on the August 22 and select Add Fixed Event. Again, repeat steps 4 and 5 above.
Next, let’s set the number of bookings and participants for this offering.
8. With the offering selected, click the Edit button at the top left of the screen. This will bring up the Edit Offering window. Click the Booking tab. Enter 30 for Maximum # of participants.
After that let’s assign the number of instructors required to this offering.
9. While still in the Edit Offering window click the Staffing tab. Enter 2 for Default minimum number of instructors.
Finally, let’s assign pricing for the offering.
10. While still in the Edit Offering window click the Pricing tab and click the Offering has a price attached.
11. Click Choose to select a booking product.
12. Click Add to assign the pricing rule. Give the rule a name and click OK to bring up the Pricing Rule window.
13. Under the Pricing for this rule tab check All participant types share the same pricing and then click the Change button to bring up the Participant Pricing window.
14. Click Edit to edit the existing rule and then Edit again to bring up the Pricing Element window.
15. Select To Unlimited and enter $0 for Fixed Amount and $275.00 for Additional Participants. Click OK.
16. Click OK to close the Pricing Rule window.
17. Click Close to finish editing the offering.
TIP: If you have resource like a fitness room you will need for part of the camp make sure to assign it as a resource to the camp. Other steps you may want to take are to restrict how close to the date a offering can be booked, require a deposit or full payment at booking, and set up the online presentation for the offering.
Overview of creating an offering
Adding a fixed event
Defining the schedule and availability for an offering
Setting the number of participants and bookings for an offering
Assigning pricing to an offering
Assigning a resource to an offering
Assigning instructors to an offering
Setting online booking time constraints
Requiring a deposit for an offering
Changing the online presentation for an offering