While you can run a manual backup, scheduling a regular, automatic backup is the best way to ensure your backups take place and your data is protected. To schedule a backup you’ll use the Windows Scheduler feature. We suggest running a backup every night after your facility is closed. In addition you can also schedule automatic offsite backups.
Before you start, make sure you have your Windows password available.
- Open the Windows Task Scheduler app.
- Click Create Task.
- General Tab
- Enter a name for the task, such as “RGP Backup”.
- Change User to the computer Administrator
- Select "Run whether user is logged on or not"
- Triggers Tab
- Click New.
- Select the time you want to run the backup, choose Daily and click OK.
(Select a time when no one is using RGP such as 3am. We recommend selecting a time that is NOT 2am as daylight savings time changes can affect this task schedule on those days.)
- Actions Tab
- Click New.
- Select the action Start a Program.
- Click the browse button and select the Backup.exe program from the Rock Gym Pro program folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Rock Gym Pro\Backup.exe). Click Open and then OK.
- Click OK to save and ensure that the task is enabled.
Once these steps are complete, Rock Gym Pro should automatically backup every night on the schedule you specify. It is recommended you confirm the back up is running as expected the following morning.
Scheduling automatic offsite backups