While you can run a manual backup, scheduling a regular, automatic backup is the best way to ensure your backups take place and your data is protected. To schedule a backup you’ll use the Windows Scheduler feature. We suggest running a backup every night after your facility is closed. In addition you can also schedule automatic offsite backups.
Before you start, make sure you have your Windows password available.
- In the Windows open the Task Scheduler app.
- Click Create Task.
- Enter a name for the task, such as “Run RGP Onsite Backup”.
- Click the Triggers tab and click New.
- Select the time you want to run the backup, choose Daily and click OK.
- Click the Actions tab and click New.
- Select the action Start Program. Click the browse button and select the Rock Gym Pro Backup Database app. Click Open and then OK.
- Click OK to save.
Scheduling automatic offsite backups