If a customer is late in making a payment you can add a late fee in Point of Sale as part of a transaction.
- To get started, click POS to launch the Point of Sale system.
- Click the Customer button.
- Enter the last name, first name or barcode number of the customer to find them in your database. Select the name in the search results and click OK.
- The customer will now be loaded into the Point of Sale. The customer’s account balance will be displayed.
- Click the Invoices/Payments button to open the Customer Account window.
- Click the Add Late Fee button.
- In the pop up window, you will be provided the default late fee assigned in the settings. You can either use this number or enter a different late fee. Click OK to save. The late fee will now be added to the account.
- Click Close to return to the Point of Sale system. Since the customer’s account has been modified you will need to restart the transaction. When you add the customer to the transaction again you will now see the late fee invoice added to the account balance.