If you want to create a credit card-only POS workstation, you will need to have two computers: one dedicated to credit cards and one that can handle cash transactions (in addition to credit cards if you wish). You can then share your receipt printer and cash drawer with both workstations.
Once you have both workstations set up, here is how to point the workstation to the printer and cash drawer. You will need to do this for both workstations:
- In the main Data Entry window click Manage and select Settings.
- Select the This Workstation tab.
- Select the register you wish to assign to the workstation from the dropdown menu. Enter the cash drawer string, pre-printing string and post-printing string as supplied by your hardware manufacturer. You can test each string by clicking the Test String button.
- Click Select Printer. In the pop up window select your receipt printer and click Apply and then Print.
- Click Close to save your settings.