Creating a New Connection Profile
To access your cloud host you need to perform the following steps on all workstations.
Multi-location organizations need to perform these steps on all workstations at all facilities.
- Download and install the RGP Cloud Client
- Launch the Cloud Client Application
- Click on Show Connection Management Options and then click Add to create a new connection
- Enter in the connection parameters specific to that workstation. You need to input the appropriate set of credentials on each workstation. (If this is the first time accessing your host, you should have received an email with your credentials)
- Click the Use Authorization Service for all RGP Cloud hosts
- Click OK
- Click CONNECT
- Personal Seats - If this is your first time accessing a new set of personal seat credentials, you will be prompted to assign a new and unique password for the connection. It is important that you keep this password SECURE. Your staff will never need to know this password as it will be remembered automatically in the cloud client.
- Workstation Seats - If this is your first time accessing a new set of workstation seat credentials, and random password will automatically be assigned during your initial connection. This password is stored safely encrypted on the workstation and no human knows the password.
Securing and Pairing your Cloud Credentials
Your RGP Cloud credentials are secured one of two ways:
Workstation seats are secured by a random password that is assigned during your initial connection. No human knows the password and it is stored safely and encrypted on the workstation.
Personal seats are secured by a second-factor authentication code, or 2FA (texted to your cell phone). Personal seats can be optionally paired with a single computer to avoid the 2FA requirement. Once a set of credentials has been paired to a computer, connecting from that computer will no longer require a passcode to be entered.