** This article is intended for facilities that are migrating from a Locally Hosted RGP Deployment to RGP Cloud **
The Cloud Migration Preview Period allows you to confirm that all workstations, receipt printers, cash drawers, and EMV terminals are operating properly with your cloud host.
Step 1 - Access your Cloud Host
Using the credentials that were emailed to you, follow the instructions to Access Your Cloud Host.
Step 2 - Testing Hardware and Configuring EMV terminals
OpenEdge EMV Terminals
If you are using the OpenEdge EMV integration, please follow the steps in this document to configure your EMV devices on each workstation connected to the cloud host.
Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer
On the workstations connected to your receipt printers, within the cloud client application:
- Click Options -> General Settings
- Point to your receipt printer
- Create a fake cash transaction within RGP on the cloud host’s cloud database
- Confirm your receipt printer works as expected
Within Rock Gym Pro on your cloud host, please create a test customer and confirm that you are able to capture a webcam image.
Step 3 - Scheduling Your Switch Over Appointment
Before scheduling your Switch Over Appointment, be sure that each of the six steps listed below have been completed on EVERY Rock Gym Pro workstation.
- RGP Cloud Client installed on all Rock Gym Pro workstations
- For fixed seat workstations, the credentials must be paired with the computer. See the section on Pairing Computers in the Access Your Cloud Host article.
- Appropriate cloud seat credentials entered into each cloud client installation
- Cloud connection tested and confirmed for each workstation
- Web camera and Receipt Printer tested and confirmed for each workstation with the connected hardware
- IMPORTANT: If required, OpenEdge EMV terminals configured for each workstation.
If all of the steps above have been completed, you may then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your switch over to the cloud appointment.
The switch over should take approximately one hour. In your email, please include a few potential times, either BEFORE or AFTER your open hours, when we can perform the switch over.
To review the steps that will be performed as part of the switch over, please read the Switch Over Steps document.