Reminder: If you’re using RGP Cloud, you do not need to install a new version of the software to use the updated features listed below. You already have them! (Learn more about using RGP in the Cloud).
For those using a locally installed version of RGP, new features are ready to install in the latest update:
To get the update, launch Data Entry → Manage → About → Check For Updates
New Main Features
Customizable Staff Roles and Permissions
Administrators can now customize the roles and permissions of each staff member who perform operations in RGP.
⇨ Learn more about Customizable Staff Roles and Permissions
Multi-Location Customer Queries
Multi-location managers can now query ALL locations with complex Customer Queries returning merged customer result sets.
Improved Booking Period Flexibility
Managers now have more control over when an event "opens" and "closes". This is particularly useful for youth activities that are in high demand as well as fitness classes.
- Popular summer camps can all be bookable months ahead of time at a given time.
- Evening fitness classes can all be bookable at a given time on the day of the classes.
- Morning fitness classes can be bookable at a given time the evening before the classes.
Logged in Indicator
When a staff member chooses to remain logged in, a new indicator will now appear at the top of the main window.
Note: With the new Customizable Roles and Permissions system, the ability to remain logged in is customized by role.
- Customer Queries
Users now have the ability to rename a saved query.
- New Customer Query Constraint
A new customer query constraint was added that allows users to find customers that purchased products by revenue account.
- Purchased Products Constraint
Before this update, the Purchased Products constraints required a paid invoice. This has been changed to reflect paid OR unpaid invoices.
- Change to Online Transaction Reporting:
A dedicated register has been created for online transactions. This prevents online transactions from impacting Z-Out Reports.
- Corporate Member at POS
If a Corporate member is to be invoiced at POS, the payment completion window no longer allows escalation to the parent Entity.
- QuickBooks Online - Oauth2 connection Support.
QuickBooks Online is ending support for Oauth1. With this update, you can upgrade to Oauth2 manually.
From Data Entry go to: Manage → Settings → Integrations→ Configure Quickbooks Integration → [select Oauth 2].
If you do not manually change the configuration, your account will be automatically updated in mid-September 2019 and you will need to log in to QBO and establish a new connection.
- Calendar Settings Change
The auto-checkin is now relative to only the start time of the event, not the start and end time. This new setting will default to 20 minutes after the start time of the event.
- Calendar Confirmation Email Window
This update includes a new option to limit an email list to either Bookee and Participants OR Bookee only.
- On Account Purchases
When invoicing at POS, a transaction can now be escalated to the parent for On Account purchases. This does not change any existing On Account behavior. This is simply a short-cut for the staff who previously would have been required to go back to POS and select the parent.
- Sendgrid HTML Templates - Emoticons caused email sending errors - Fixed
- When editing customers, a popup warning regarding changed billing dates erroneously appeared - Fixed
- Searching the permission grid didn’t work well with hyphens - Fixed
- Audit log - employee change list, empty change elements were incorrectly added at times - Fixed
- Find Documents page freezing RGP in the cloud environment - Fixed