When a customer buys a membership or day pass product, you can also check them in through Point of Sale, rather than having to go into the Check-In window. To do so you must configure the product to be able to be checked-in at Point of Sale. This must be done for each product you wish to be able to check-in through Point of Sale (for example, if you have different punch pass products for adults, students and children then you would have to configure this setting for each of those three products).
First, we need to make the option available in the settings:
- In the Data Entry main window, click Manage and select Settings to bring up the Configure Settings window.
- Click the Payment & Billing tab.
- Under POS check POS check-in window for products.
- Click Close to finish.
Next, we need to configure the option for each product:
- In the Data Entry main window, click Manage and select Products to open the Manage Products window.
- Select the product and click the Edit Product button to open the Edit Product window.
- Under POS Options, select the product type from the drop-down menu:
- Day Pass
- Punch Card
4. Click OK to exit the Edit Product window, and Close to exit the Manage Products window.
Now when you sell this product at POS you will be able to check the member in at the same time.
- Click POS to launch the Point of Sale system.
- Select Customer and find the customer purchasing the product.
- Select the product and finish the transaction as normal.
- Once the transaction is completed, a Customer Update and Check-In window will pop up. Click the check-in box to check the customer in. Click Edit Customer if you need to edit the customer’s information.
- Click OK to finish.