For facilities that need to temporarily suspend operations, Rock Gym Pro has a way to “bulk freeze” members, which you can specify by customer type (e.g.; EFT, Prepaid, Custom Tagged Customers, etc.)
Before Using the Bulk Freeze Tool
1) Run a backup
From Data Entry go to: Manage -> Maintenance -> Backup
No additional action is required - the new tables will be backed up tonight with your nightly backup.
2) Take a Snapshot of Customer Data
This preserves the customer's current state and will provide a backup of critical tables that can be used in the future as reference to revert customers.
Steps to create a snapshot:
From Data Entry, go to: Manage -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL
Cut and paste the below SQL and click RUN SQL
Note: Multigym operators need to run this on EACH database.
------------ SQL BELOW THIS LINE. Do not paste this line --------------
CREATE TABLE covid_customers_save_200314 SELECT * FROM customers;
CREATE TABLE covid_punches_save_200314 SELECT * FROM punches;
CREATE TABLE covid_status_save_200314 SELECT * FROM status;
------------ END SQL. Do not paste this line ---------------
Using the Bulk Freeze Tool
From Data Entry go to: Manage -> Covid 19 -> Bulk Freeze
Some notes about the tool:
- You can UNDO the actions, but recognize this is not a "thaw". This simply undoes the actions by the bulk freeze tool. It does not prorate dues or any other actions that a normal thaw performs. It reverts you members to the state before the bulk freeze.
- Be sure to go to Manage -> Settings and set your freeze fee to $0 if that is your goal.
- For multigym operations - you must run the Bulk Freeze Tool on EACH database.
- If you have customers with Alternate Freeze Fees, those fees will not be changed by this tool. You’ll want to add in the custom report below and change those manually.
- You can use the Billing Preview report to confirm everyone's dues are as you expect them. Note that Alternate Freeze Fees are not properly reflected in this report. So be sure to review those directly below.
Alternate Freeze Fee - Custom Report
- From Data Entry go to: Reporting -> General Reports -> Custom
- Add SQL
- Cut and Paste the SQL below
------- SQL BELOW - do not include this line --
CONCAT(c.LASTNAME, ', ', c.FIRSTNAME) AS CUSTOMER,
c.ALT_FREEZE_FEE <> '-1.00'
AND c.ALT_FREEZE_FEE <> '0.00'
AND c.CURRENT_STATUS IN ('OK', 'FROZEN')
AND c.CUSTOMER_TYPE <> 'GUEST'