Stripe Terminal Setup and Configuration
1) Reach out to email@example.com to create an RGP Stripe Custom account.
2) After your account is created, go to payments.rockgympro.com to verify business details and specify your bank account for your deposits/payouts.
3) Once account details have been verified, your RGP database will be linked and you will be able to begin processing online transactions.
4) Communicate with RGP Support if you want to use Stripe Terminal for your in-person Point of Sale and how many Stripe Terminals you need. RGP Support will order and have them delivered to your facility (Please note, Stripe Terminal is currently only available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore.)
5) Once you receive your terminals, plug them into a power source/wall outlet. This will give them sufficient power to charge. Plugging them into a computer will likely NOT be enough power.
6) When your terminals power on, they will likely run a few updates.
7) After the updates are complete, go to payments.rockgympro.com - Terminals tab to register the reader(s). Swipe right on the terminal screen to access the Settings. When prompted to enter the admin password enter 0-7-1-3-9 then click Generate Pairing Code. A unique registration code will appear that you will enter in the payments dashboard. Once registered you will receive a notification on the terminal screen.
8) After registering the Stripe Terminals at payments.rockgympro.com close any open RGP modules.
9) Reopen RGP Data Entry and navigate to >> Manage >> Settings >> Payment & Billing
10) Click on the Configure button Stripe Terminal from the Point of Sale dropdown menu.
If you don't see your card reader listed in the dropdown menu, close the Config Screen and check your Stripe account to ensure you have the correct reader.
The selected terminal here is workstation specific so if on POS 1 select the terminal you labeled as POS 1 Terminal, etc.
Repeat this last step for each POS computer. (Data Entry - Manage - Settings - Payment & Billing - Configure Stripe Terminal - Select Terminal)
Then open the POS module and ring up a test transaction.
Using the Stripe Terminal at the POS
1) When processing payment, select the Credit Card button.
2) This will bring up a dialog showing the status of the transaction.
The card reader will activate and the customer can now scan their credit card to complete the transaction. From this screen, you also have the option to cancel the transaction.
Clicking the Cancel Transaction button will close the dialog box, and clear the terminal so it is ready for another transaction.
NOTES ON PRINTING RECEIPTS
Any receipt printed from the POS module via an integrated terminal will have a signature line, but you do not have to have customers sign them. Typically, the receipt printed is for the customer's personal records. If you ever choose to require a signature, you can click Print Last Receipt again.
We would recommend limiting receipts printed from the POS for transactions OVER a certain amount so you don't have a receipt printed for every little transaction. In RGP Data Entry - Manage - Settings - Payment and Billing tab, you can set that receipts do not automatically print for transactions under $100, for example, then only print receipts as requested.
If a customer wants a copy, printing the receipt from the customer's Invoice & Payment History will not have a signature line.
NOTE FOR CLOUD CLIENTS ONLY -
The informational dialog box will be displayed separately (possibly hidden behind the Rock Gym Pro application). In these cases, you will see an information progress dialog box, indicating that the transaction is taking place.
Also, please note that this process may take a bit longer when using RGP Cloud. Because of limitations with how Stripe interacts with its terminals, all communication in this particular dialog takes place on the local machine - similar to how a receipt printer or cash drawer would behave.