If you are comparing data over a period of years, the current uncompleted year will not provide you an accurate comparison against the completed previous years. To give you an apples-to-apples comparison, you can truncate the data in a chart so that you only compare data over the same time period year over year. For example, if today is September 1st, then you would only compare data from January 1 - September 1 of the previous years.
Here is how to truncate the data displayed.
- To access the charting system, in the Data Entry main window click Reporting and then select Charting and Data Visualization.
- Select a chart to review.
- Use the Show dropdown to display data by year.
- Click the More Filters button.
- Check Limit All Data to xxx-xxx, with xxx representing the date range you select.
Please sign in to leave a comment.