If you are struggling to get the primary offsite backup system operation with the Windows Task Manager you can create a command file (CMD) on your desktop to schedule instead. Note that your password and encryption key will be exposed in the CMD file, so make sure that the computer is secure. Once the CMD file is created, move it to another folder and schedule the Windows Task Scheduler to launch the CMD file as the backup task. Note that you will need your Master Key and Windows password to complete this task.
- In the Data Entry main window click Manage, select Maintenance and then select Backup and Restore Database.
- Click the Advanced: CMD File Creation button.
- Enter your Master Key to confirm and click OK.
- Once the file is created move it to a file folder of your choosing.
- In Windows Task Manager create a task to send your backup offsite to Rock Gym Pro using these settings:
- Create Basic Task: Name your offsite backup.
- Trigger: Daily.
- Choose a time for the backup to occur.
- Select: Start a Program.
- Click Browse button: Open the folder where you saved the CMD file and select the CMD file.
- Check the Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish box.
- Once you click Finish the Properties dialog box will open up. Edit the following settings:
- In the General tab, check Run whether the user is logged in or not. Under Configure choose your operating system.
- In the Conditions tab check Start the task only if the computer is on AC power and Wake the computer to run this task.
- In the Settings tab check Allow tasks to be run on demand, Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed, If the running task does not end when requested force it to stop and Run a new instance in parallel from the dropdown menu.
- Click OK and enter your Windows password to close.
- Right-click on the backup task you just created in Windows Task Scheduler and click Run.
- Once it’s done running check your Backup Log to make sure it ran correctly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.