If you need to issue a credit to a customer account you can do so through the Point of Sale system as part of a transaction.
- To get started, click POS to launch the Point of Sale system.
- Click the Customer button.
- Enter the last name, first name or barcode number of the customer to find them in your database. Select the name in the search results and click OK.
- The customer will now be loaded into the Point of Sale. The customer’s account balance will be displayed.
- Click the Invoices/Payments button to open the Customer Account window.
- Click the Issue Credit button.
- In the pop up window, enter the credit amount. The default product is the Credit product; if you wish to use a different product, click Change and choose the new product. You can then either choose to assign the quantity as 1 x -$xx or -1 x $xx. Click OK.
- Click Close to return to the Point of Sale system. Since the customer’s account has been modified you will need to restart the transaction. When you add the customer to the transaction again you will now see the credit added to the customer’s account balance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.