In addition to event schedules, the Calendar also lets you manage the schedules of resources like a party room, a fitness studio or even your gym hours.
- On the main calendar window click Manage Schedule.
- Click on the Resources tab.
- To add a new resource click the Add button. This will bring up a pop up box with the following options:
- Resource Name
- Availability: Check the box if you wish for the schedule to indicate when a resource is available. Uncheck the box for resources that are generally always available, with the schedule only showing when the resource is booked.
- Booking and Participant Maximums: Set the number of concurrent bookings and participants the resource can accommodate. Once either number is reached the resource will no longer be available for booking for that time period.
- Event Overlap: Set the number of overlapping events the resource can accommodate.
- Once you’ve created the resource it’s time to set up its schedule. Click the Add Rule button to bring up a window to set the day option. Day options include:
- Every Day
- Days of the Week: Choose all seven days or select certain days. Examples include Mondays only, Monday-Friday, Saturday and Sunday only, etc.
- Nth Week of the Month: Set days of the week and which weeks of the month. For example, you can set the first weekend of the month, the full second week of the month, or the third Monday of the month.
- Nth Day of the Month: Select a certain date for each month. For example, make a resource available only on the first day of the month, the last day of the month, the 15th of the month, etc.
- Every Nth Day: Have the resource repeat its availability after a certain number of days. For example, you can set every other day, every 15 days, or every other Sunday.
- Yearly: Use this to set holidays that fall on the same day each year. For example, make the gym unavailable January 1 if you plan on being closed for New Year’s Day.
- You can also set rules to start or end on specific days.
- Once you’ve added a rule specifying your days you will want to do the same thing for times. Click on the rule you wish to specify a time for and click the Add Time button. Options include:
- Choosing a time slot or making the resource available all day.
- Start time
- End time
- Use the arrow keys to give rules priority, with the higher the rule having the higher priority. For example, a rule at the top stating a resource is unavailable on April 12 will override a lower rule saying a resource is available from 8am-10pm daily, making the resource unavailable for booking that day.
- When finished adding a resource click Close.
- For a walkthrough on how to use rules when adding a resource, check out an example of adding a party room.
Adding a party room as a resource
Please sign in to leave a comment.