While optional, it’s a good idea to add your facility hours as a resource. You can then assign that resource to each offering, ensuring that events can only be booked when the gym is open. By adding holiday blackouts to the facility hours resource, you can automatically block all events from being booked during a holiday without having to manually block it out for each offering.
To show you how to add your facility hours as a resource, in this walkthrough we are going specify that our facility is open Monday-Friday from 10am-10pm, Saturday-Sunday 10am-7pm, and is closed on Christmas and New Year's Day.
- On the main calendar window click the Manage Schedule button.
- Click on the Resources tab.
- To add a new resource click the Add button. This will bring up a pop up box where we will give the resource a name (we call ours Facility Hours). Since this resource is available during opening hours, check the Schedule indicates times this resource is available box. Make sure maximum concurrent bookings, participants and overlapping events are set to 0 so the facility hours resource doesn’t get booked up and block events from getting booked. Click OK.
- Next we’ll set up the weekday schedule. Click the Add Rule button to bring up a window to set the day option. Check Days of Week and select Monday-Friday. Click OK.
- Now we’ll add the times the facility is available on those days. Click on the rule and then click the Add Time button. Our gym is open from 10am-10pm. Click OK.
- Now we’ll do the same thing for the weekend by clicking Add Rule again, clicking Days of Week and selecting Saturday and Sunday. Click OK.
With the weekend rule selected, click Add Time. Our gym closes at 7pm on the weekend, so we need to give these two days their own time. Click OK.
- Now we need to add in our holiday closures; let’s start with Christmas. Click Add Rule, select Yearly and enter the start date of December 25. Do not enter an end date for a single day event. Click OK.
- Now let’s add New Year’s Day. Click Add Rule, select Yearly and enter the start date of January 1. Do not enter an end date for a single day event. Click OK.
- Use the arrow button to move these rules to the top to override the weekday and weekend rules.
- The resource is now ready. All you have to do now is ensure each offering has Facility Hours assigned as resource.
- Click Close to finish.
Assigning a resource to an offering
Please sign in to leave a comment.