When creating a custom question you need to also define the type of answer the question requires. Here we will look at the different types of answer types and how to create them.
- Click on the Schedules tab.
- Click on the offering you would like to edit and click the Edit button. This will bring up the Edit Offering window.
- In the Edit Offering window click the Booking tab.
- Depending of what kind of question you need to create, click either the Configure Booking Questions button or the Configure Participant Questions button. Either button will bring up the Custom Questions window for the respective category.
- Click Add to add a question if necessary, and then with the question selected click Edit.
- Click the Answers Details tab and select an answer type from the drop down menu. The answer type options are:
- Text box: A text box answer can be used for entering simple answers.
- Text Paragraph: A text paragraph answer can be used for entering longer answers.
- Number: A number answer can be used for entering answers requiring a numeric response.
- Yes/No: A Yes/No answer can be used for entering answers requiring an affirmative or negative response. Note that if you want to create a yes/no question with a price attached, you will need to create it using a multiple choice answer type.
- Choice List: A choice list answer can be used to have the customer select one of several options. Click the Add button to create a choice option and price. Click OK to save each choice. Repeat until you have created your list of choices. Use the arrow keys to reorder your choices.
- Multiple Choice: A multiple choice answer can be used for giving the customer the option to select more than one choice from several options. Click the Add button to create a choice option and price. Click OK to save each choice. Repeat until you have created your list of choices. Use the arrow keys to reorder your choices.
- You can also require that the question be answered to make a booking or give it a default value if applicable. Click OK to save the question.
- If you are done editing questions click Close to finish.
Creating a Yes/No answer with a price for a custom question
Please sign in to leave a comment.