Packaged Products allow you the ability to select one product at POS, but have multiple products added to the POS transaction.
A gym is offering a “Learn To Climb” gear package that includes shoes, harness, chalk bag and chalk ball.
To create this “Package“:
- Go to: Data Entry –> Manage –> Products
- Create a new Product for the Package
- Select Other Intangible/Package product type
- A new tab will appear in Edit Products called “Packaged Products”.
- On that tab, you can add the associated sub-products to the Package.
- Assign specific pricing to each sub-item as required to achieve your pricing, accounting, inventory margin, and sales tax goals when the package is sold.
- At POS, the price for the Package is the sum of all the prices assigned to the package sub-items PLUS any price assigned to the Primary Package Product.
- Flexibility on how you want to account for the sale of the Package.
- Proper margins to be calculated on inventory items.
- Sales Tax to be collected and accounted for as required on each sub-item.
Items to Note:
- If any sub-products require a size to be selected, the staff member will be prompted at POS.
- Packages cannot be split/broken up/changed at POS.
- Barcodes can be assigned and scanned at POS to the Primary Product.
- Each individual Product, including the Base Product, retains its individual sales taxability.
- Automatic discounts at POS can be optionally enabled or disabled on the sub-items in the package as well as the base price. It might not make sense to have automatic discounts applied in all cases, hence the option.