When you reassign an invoice billing to a different customer, the invoice stays associated with the original customer while the payment is billed to the new customer. This can be handy when invoicing a product for a youth by assigning the actual payment of the billing to her parent. Here’s how to reassign an invoice billing to a different customer [manager access or above required].
- To access the Customer Account window, find the customer in either the Data Entry or POS window and click the Invoice & Payments button.
- Click the Invoices tab.
- Select the invoice you wish to transfer and click the Change Invoice Bill To button.
- Select the customer name you wish to reassign the invoice to and click OK.
- Click Yes on the pop up window to confirm the reassignment of the invoice.
- The invoice will now show up as billing to the other customer and removed from the original customer’s account balance.
- Click Close to finish.
Please sign in to leave a comment.