If you are selling a membership product like a monthly or yearly prepaid membership you will want to use the Member product type and configure the additional settings. Here we’ll go through each setting when adding a new member product.
- In the Data Entry main window click Manage and select Products to open the Manage Products window.
- Click the Add Product button to open the Edit Product window.
- Under Product Type select Member.
- Under Primary enter the Product Name and Retail Price. You can also add a vendor and barcode information if applicable to the product.
- Under Categories & Accounts, choose the Display Category, Account, and Sub-Account you wish the product to be listed under. If you want to create a new category or sub-account just type the new name into the field.
- Under POS Options select any of the following as applicable:
- Do not automatically apply discounts
- Limit quantity to one
- No anonymous sales - check this for membership products
- Required # of people - Enter a number to have the POS prompt staff to attach a person or people to this item. For example, for a couple buying a prepaid membership, you would enter 2 to have the system require both members attached to the product.
- Extra info required
- Automatic POS Check-in and configure- Enabling this option will offer staff the ability to quickly configure and check-in customers right from POS. You can choose from day pass, membership, or punch card types, or select None to disable this option.
- Under Sales Tax check the box if sales tax is applicable to this product.
- Click OK to exit the Edit Product window, and Close to exit the Manage Products window.
Please sign in to leave a comment.