The Rock Gym Pro email system acts as an interface to manage the emails you send your customers. However, it requires a separate service called SendGrid to actually send the emails.
SendGrid offers a variety of service levels, including a free plan; however, you may want to use the Pro level plan so that your emails are sent from a dedicated IP address to reduce the risk of emails being sent to a spam folder. Multigym facilities can share a single SendGrid account if desired by creating additional API keys for each location (see below). We aren’t associated with SendGrid, so if you have any questions about your SendGrid account or about the deliverability of an email please direct them to the SendGrid Customer Support.
Setting Up your SendGrid Account
1. Go to www.sendgrid.com and create an account
2. In your Sendgrid account complete steps to Verify your Sender Identity go to Settings -> Sender Authentication -> Verify an Address (Get Started)
3. Create a SendGrid API Key go to Settings -> API Keys click the Create API Key button. Give the key Full Access.
4. Enter API Key in RGP
In Rock Gym Pro, go to Data Entry → Manage → Email System → Settings → SendGrid API Key Integration. Enter the SendGrid API Key that you just created, and complete the other email settings in that window.
5. Be sure that the From Email Address in Data Entry → Manage → Email System → Setting smatches your verified sender email you created in Sendgrid.
6. In RGP Calendar > Manage Schedule > Settings >Contact Email Address also needs to matches a verified sender email in Sendgrid. This can be a second Sendgrid verified email if desired - i.e. email@example.com vs. firstname.lastname@example.org, however, you will need to add the second email using the same instructions in Step 2 above.
Transactional Email Overview - more information on enabling and testing the email system
How to Create HTML Email Templates with Sendgrid - learn how to create rich text email templates to match your brand.