If your state requires sales tax you can set that in the main settings. The sales tax can be set to display as a single subtotal charge or as tax inclusive.
- In the Data Entry main window click Manage and select Settings to bring up the Configure Settings window.
- Click the Sales Tax/Receipt tab.
- Click Add Sales Tax.
- In the pop up window, give your tax a name, enter a unique letter code and set your tax rate.
- If you choose to have your tax be inclusive to the price of your products enter a tax rate of 0%. In addition, you can check Tax inclusive rate hint for receipts and enter the inclusive tax rate to have the computed inclusive tax shown on receipts.
- Click OK to save the sales tax item.
- Click the Edit button to edit an existing sales tax item or the Delete button to delete a sales tax item as necessary.
- Click Close to finish.